Mira RPG
Greetings, wandering soul! This is the land of Mira. Only those brave enough to enter the depths of time itself can proceed any further. Is your tired and lifeless soul ready to be brought to life? If so, than click below, and enter the land of Mira. However, if you encounter an obstacle so great that you lose this recently granted life and become a wandering soul again for eternity, don't say we didn't warn you...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mira RPG
Greetings, wandering soul! This is the land of Mira. Only those brave enough to enter the depths of time itself can proceed any further. Is your tired and lifeless soul ready to be brought to life? If so, than click below, and enter the land of Mira. However, if you encounter an obstacle so great that you lose this recently granted life and become a wandering soul again for eternity, don't say we didn't warn you...
Mira RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm...

Go down

JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... Empty JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm...

Current Mood: Debatey
Current Music: Meaning of Birth ~ Tales of the Abyss OST
Current Videogame: TALES OF DESTINY BABY!!
Quote of the day: "Ha ha ha, die." - Dhaos

So there has been a lot of tension in the RPG world.... Between so-called "JRPGs" and "WRPGs".... Now I'd like to pose a question, while it is obvious that there are differences between them, does it matter where an RPG is made?? So what if JRPGs focus more on story development and characters and WRPGs focus more on openness, they're still RPGs right? The differences lie in culture. The JRPG is slowly dying in the western market, but they can make a comeback just like anything else! JUST LIKE WRPGS JUST DID!!!! WRPGs weren't popular until like, 3 years ago when games like Mass Effect and Fallout came out... (Which by the way feel more like shooters to me... but whatever!) My point is, WRPGs took a back seat while JRPGs took the wheel, now the JRPGs are letting the WRPGs drive the car, big woop! RPGs are RPGs, whether there's a W or a J in front of them doesn't matter. I personally prefer JRPGs, but that doesn't make WRPGs bad! I don't bash WRPGs because I love all RPGs. (Mass Effect and Fallout are exceptions... They are shooters with RPG elements... In no way are they proper RPGs. In this case I'm not bashing the game, I'm bashing people who label the game an RPG when clearing it's not.) ANYway~ My point was made. And if there's one RPG I will always love, it's MIRA RPG!!! Fu

PS: I find it funny how JRPG fans/WRPG fans/Non RPG fans reacted differently to this flow chart found in an issue of GameInformer pointing out the cliches in every JRPG.

JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... 610rpgflowchart

JRPG Fans tend laugh and say "That's so funny! So True! Gotta love those RPGs!"

WRPG Fans tend to see this as bashing fuel. "So f*cking true! God I hate those f*cking weeaboos and their purple hair and whiny angsty teenagers and their giant f*cking swords that they use against tanks. I prefer WoW." With the occasional, "...the only RPG I ever liked was Mass Effect!"

Hm ...

Non RPG fans tend to not give a crap. XD Or they bash all RPGs... Hm ....

Just another thing I find interesting about people in this world we call the internet. Fu

THOUGHTS AND MUSINGS END HERE!

"SONNA! SONNA BAKANAAA!!!!!! (No! No! It can't be!) *Is indignationed*"

EDIT!!! To all the FPS peoples out there making fun of the flow chart! Here's a flow chart for every FPS ever made!

You're a soldier whose daughter has a serious illness-> russian/arab/alien villains plot to rule the earth and/or fire off a nuke on some country-> hold left analog stick up -> hold right trigger to shoot, eventually press reload button -> skip the final cutscene (like you did with all others, who watches those) -> go to online mode.

FINAL STEP
Post on blog "Man this game is so non-linear!"

... Yeah... *Plays Tales of Destiny*

Last edited by Karasu Inoue on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Karasu Inoue
Karasu Inoue
God

Stats
Level: 10000
EXP:
JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... Left_bar_bleue100000/100000JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)
HP:
JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)

http://www.mirarp.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

JRPGs VS WRPGs.... Hmmm... :: Comments

Karasu Inoue

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:49 am by Karasu Inoue

ONE last thing... JRPGs have cliches? EVERY Genre of Video games have cliches!!!! The shooters, sports games, platforming, they ALL HAVE THINGS IN COMMON!! THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CLASSIFIED INTO A GENRE!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum